Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Recount Text - Earthquake

Earthquake in China




Earthquake

Has everybody here heard of an earthquake? Do you know what it is like when it happens? Well, I once experienced it. Okay, I’ll tell you about my experience. Listen.

I was driving along the coast road when the car suddenly lurched to one side.

You know what happened? At first I thought a tire had gone flat but then I saw telegraph poles collapsing like matchsticks. It’s terrible, isn’t it?

Next, guess what? The rocks came tumbling across the road and I had to get out of the car. When I got back to town, well as I said, there wasn’t much left.

My God, that was a nightmare.

Find out:
1. Who was involved in the story?
2. Where did the story happen?
3. What is the first event of the story?
4. What is the second event of the story is?
5. The last event of the story is__________
6. Among the three events, which event touches your heart the most?
7. What is the purpose of the writer telling this story?
8. Why do you have to use "past tense" in the story?
9. How did the writer feel about this story?
10. Write down at least 5 "past verbs" from the story.

Derived from LOOK AHEAD 1, page 13.